Monday, September 7, 2009

why are we here?

So why did I start a blog? I guess primarily I wanted a place to share little Oliver blips with the family, and friends too. Then I started thinking that I'd also like to share snippets about food, projects, art, the property, daily life... stuff. Kinda like a good catch-up conversation with friends, but a bit more one-sided. Or maybe like Ravelry (a fun website introduced to me by neighbor Jods. It's like Facebook for knitters. You can share projects, look at what other people make, get inspired, check out knitting eye candy...) for sewing, cooking, urban homesteading, and the like.
Good times at Green Garden
Anyway I thought I'd give it a try. I remember reading Defne's holiday letter one year and looking at all the pictures and thinking, "MAN do they have some fun in that family!" Nothing but smiles and laughing. OK, so Defne says this isn't always the case, but it is a nice picture. So although this may be mostly about the Kudej family - it'll be a bit more of fun moments, grand achievements, and neato projects and less of venting. Not that we don't vent and have tough days (ha! you all know me and know that!), but I guess I don't intend to dwell.

Brian took Oliver and I to the park so we wouldn't dwell on our Chicken Pox

I recently read this post on Soulemama (yup, Jodanna found that one too), which seemed like an eloquent explanation about keeping it positive. So anyway. Here we are. Thanks for reading! Thanks for your comments. It's great to keep in touch with more than a Facebook thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. Nice watch!
    Those pictures are intolerably cute. And boy, does Oliver have some teeth. All the better to eat berries with, mmm?
    This is Kelly speaking.

    ReplyDelete