Amy Karol, of Angry Chicken, has great blog post titles. Like "A dress was sewn" or some such. I like them and am stealing one here.
With a POW, I got bit by a sewing bug this spring. Rather unfortunate, considering my time constraints. Knitting (and lately, crocheting!) fit so much better into the 2-10 minute intervals of time I can devote to a project. Sewing is not appropriate for car trips. Piecing can't be done while watching a bather. Scissors and pins do not make good toys.
But with some perserverance, some kid-less time, heaps of help from Darling, and well-intended help from O, some things were sewn.
Next: curtains for the scullery! Again from stash (wahoo!). I used a thrifted vintage shower curtain along with some cotton originally purchased for roman shades that never materialized. I didn't want the pantry curtain to be too long and get dusty/hairy on the floor and in the end, I think it is about an inch too short. So it goes. Still - it was sewn and I did it and am happy.
On deck: Pillows and throws for the living room and cupola, a sit upon/cover, toddler jammies and boxer briefs, finishing the duck quilt, E's mobile, ... ah yes.