Sunday, August 12, 2012

In Multiples

After I made the two dresses and the 2nd backpack, I kind of got on a kick of making multiples. Can I show you? I'm slightly proud of this set.

For my recent trip to Seattle to see a babe in arms and a babe in a belly, I had a mission: to finish Winifred's quilt. The quilt was a cooperative effort coordinated by Erin (babe in belly). Each participant made a block (from repurposed mens shirt fabric!) depicting an image that they wished for Winnie's childhood. It was a beautiful idea and I had the responsibility (yikes!) of assembling the blocks, appliqueing around the fabric edges, binding, and quilting. Here's the result:







I couldn't let the trip pass without attempting to make quilt for Erin's babe as well. I didn't have a community-involved brilliant idea, but I know that E&T like mid-century design (chevrons!) and wanted something gender neutral (giraffes!) and were thinking of mustard and grey for the nursery (Jansdotter!). So here's what I came up with:






It took some late nights, but I got both done and delivered them in person. They love them, wahoo! And before you think I'm an overachiever (KP, you will accuse me), keep in mind Oliver's baby quilt is yet unfinished. He's 4.

3 comments:

  1. While I must confess I'm partial to the kid pictures, I have to tell you that I love love love seeing all of your posts. I check the blog regularly and am always excited to see a new post. Those quilts are both amazing. The community quilt is a fantastic idea and you've brought it all together beautifully. Dare I say folk art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Gorgeous work Amy! Love the grey and yellow! I'm SO itching to do a zig zag quilt! What pattern did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks! Thanks guys! I used the basic idea for the chevrons from the Zig Zag Quilt at the purl bee (http://www.purlbee.com/zig-zag-quilt/). I figured my own dimensions, but used their idea for cutting and piecing.

    Kid pics are coming! And kids in Mama-made clothes! I've been a busy Beez for vacation...

    ReplyDelete