For my recent trip to Seattle to see a babe in arms and a babe in a belly, I had a mission: to finish Winifred's quilt. The quilt was a cooperative effort coordinated by Erin (babe in belly). Each participant made a block (from repurposed mens shirt fabric!) depicting an image that they wished for Winnie's childhood. It was a beautiful idea and I had the responsibility (yikes!) of assembling the blocks, appliqueing around the fabric edges, binding, and quilting. Here's the result:
I couldn't let the trip pass without attempting to make quilt for Erin's babe as well. I didn't have a community-involved brilliant idea, but I know that E&T like mid-century design (chevrons!) and wanted something gender neutral (giraffes!) and were thinking of mustard and grey for the nursery (Jansdotter!). So here's what I came up with:
It took some late nights, but I got both done and delivered them in person. They love them, wahoo! And before you think I'm an overachiever (KP, you will accuse me), keep in mind Oliver's baby quilt is yet unfinished. He's 4.